Monday, September 19, 2011

Pencil & Paper






















Ever since I was a kid I was in love with just pencil and paper.  Whether it was writing or drawing, it just seemed like in that moment nothing else would exist to me.  It just took me to a place of pure serenity where I didn't have to think about anything.  Over the years I kinda lost that.  I got busy you can say.  I got into graphic design but I spend more time on the computer working on my designs than I do with just pencil and paper and I really miss that.

So my goal is to get back to the pencil and paper, and just feed my talents.  I know I'm a good artist I just don't work on it enough.  I've gotten too caught up in other things in my life to focus on some of the things that I really love to do, the things that are just in me and comes naturally.

I drew the above picture about a year ago while I was at work on a Sunday board out of my mind and I had no idea that it would turn out as good as it did.  Sure there is a lot of flaws in this drawing but I did it in like two hours so thinking about how quickly I drew this picture made me think of how good I could be if I put a little more time and effort into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...