Sunday, September 18, 2011

1 Year Natural

I finally reached my one year natural mark and I could not have been any more excited, and proud of my self for making this life style change and actually sticking to it.  After transitioning with sew-in for 18+ months last September I decided that I wanted to have healthy hair that grows out of my head that I can be proud of and not have to hide or fight with it all the time.  So I decided to not put any heat in my hair for a year and began to learn  how to take care of my natural hair.

Now because I went heat free for a whole 12 months I was super excited to straighten my hair and see how long and healthy it looked flat ironed.  Because I wasn't patient and had a wedding to attend I decided to blow dry and flat iron my hair the night before the hottest day of the year lol....and it turned into a giant fro lol. It didn't help that I was afraid to damage my hair so i barely used a high heat setting, which is the only way I can get my hair to be straight.  I love my giant fro but it was not the look I was going for.  So I did a dry braid out and absolutely loved the results.



After rocking my dry braid out as long as possible before wetting my hair I couldn't wait to try more styles and just experiment more with my hair in a blown out state.  So I did it again and it just did not turn out the way I wanted.  So I decided to just twits up my hair without extensions like I do with my Senegalese twist and I absolutely love the results lol.  


I didn't think I would because of my obsession with long hair lol.  But as it turns out my twist are longer than I thought they would be.  I just wish I would have done them smaller. Maybe next time.  I think this is definitely gonna be my new go to protective style for the winter months.  I'm so excited to continue this journey and see all that my hair has to offer =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...